A few things EN could do better

1.  How about more than one “View”?  While I appreciate that there is a dialog that allows to pick their favorite fields, that view is then applied everywhere.  Given that different refernce types have different field options, wouldn’t be logical to let the user have multiple views, say one for on-line book chapters, another for journals, and a third for other items?  And why just ten fields, I personally like to use 12 of them frequently and find my self toggling fields on and off.

2.  Multiple sets of choices for “Find Full Text” for those of us that have access to multiple libraries.

3.  Option to turn off “Find broken links” when importing a citation.  As the database grows, so does the time it takes for EN to search through the entire list.  It is great to be able to identify broken links, but why not make it on demand (the same way that duplicates works).

1. Option to turn off repetitive messages.  The most annoying one is the "Due to copyright issues with full text files . . . :,  After seeing this at least a few hundred times I think I get it, OK?  Can’t you have a “Don’t show this warning again” checkbox like most programs do?

5.  EN has a nasty habit of erasing what the user has type in the search boxes.  If, for example, I click on the globe icon to do an on-line search I am presented with text boxes for Author, Year, and TItle.  However, if I fill those out before selecting the line for a PubMed search, EN erases what I have typed and I have start all over again.  Either let the user set a default search (like Pubmed) or copy the existing informaiton into the search boxes if the user changes the type, say from PubMed to Web of Science.  This is pet peeve #1!

6.  Option to change all fonts and font sizes so the user doesn’t have to do it four times on the preferences menu.

Those would all help make EN faster for your experienced users that make heavy use of the product daily.

This is my pet peeve too.  Let us have a default option rather than having to first select it.  the number of time’s I get the “no reference found” and am about to give up when I remember I forgot to preselect PubMed, — arrrrgh.  

5.  EN has a nasty habit of erasing what the user has type in the search boxes.  If, for example, I click on the globe icon to do an on-line search I am presented with text boxes for Author, Year, and TItle.  However, if I fill those out before selecting the line for a PubMed search, EN erases what I have typed and I have start all over again.  Either let the user set a default search (like Pubmed) or copy the existing informaiton into the search boxes if the user changes the type, say from PubMed to Web of Science.  This is pet peeve #1!