Camera integration on EndNote for iPad

Just got EndNote for iPad, and it’s terrific.  In my view, it works quite seamlessly with my EndNote web and my desktop (now EndNote X7).  But seriously: why can’t I generate a book citation by scanning the bar code with my iPad camera?  This is not hard to do.  Even EasyBib, a much less sophisticated citation program, has that capacity.  

This suggestion is mainly for those of us in the humanities community, and others of us who still cite books. 

This is on our To Do list. But, as you have likely surmised, the vase, vast majority of EndNote users get stuff [books, journal aritlces, PDFs, etc.] by downloading them electronically into their personal libraries - not directly from physical books. Which makes this a bit tough to prioritize.

Thanks for the input.

Jason Rollins, the EndNote team 

Yes, I understand that it might be low on teh priority list.  All the same, many of us in the humanities have large book collections acquired before we ever heard of EndNote.  It would be wonderful to just walk along our shelves and quickly align our bibliographies with on our existing physical libraries.  

Your reply makes more sense if you’re comfortable sticking with your current users.  You might be able to attract more humanities users (who are not, on the whole, early adopters of such technologies) by creating such a feature. This might provide surprising inroads into the humanities scholarship community. 

Yes, I understand that it might be low on the priority list.  All the same, many of us in the humanities have large book collections acquired before we ever heard of EndNote.  It would be wonderful to just walk along our shelves and quickly align our bibliographies with our existing physical libraries.  

Your reply makes more sense if you’re comfortable sticking with your current users.  But this if this tool as a means to creating an expanded market.  By creating such a feature, you might also create surprising inroads into the humanities scholarship community (who are not, on the whole, early adopters of such technologies).

Yes, I understand that it might be low on the priority list.  All the same, many of us in the humanities have large book collections acquired before we ever heard of EndNote.  It would be wonderful to just walk along our shelves and quickly align our bibliographies with our existing physical libraries.  

Your reply makes more sense if you’re comfortable sticking with your current users.  But think of this tool as a means to expanding the EndNote market.  By creating such a feature, you might also create surprising inroads into the humanities scholarship community (who are not, on the whole, early adopters of such technologies).