Code snippet within document interfering with CWYW

I started having trouble inserting references using Cite While You Write, and realised that when I removed my programming code snippets it was resolved. I imagine that the braces in my code might be confusing endnote.

Is there anything I can do to keep my snippets in and use endnote? If not, I guess I may have to go through and add them last thing.

Thank you!

The style I am using is “BrookesHarvard”.

The error message reads:

“Application failed during request deserialization: not well formed (invalid token) at line 2…”.

An example of a code snippet in the word document that causes problems:

utility.subclassOf = function(base) {
utility._subclassOf.prototype = base.prototype;
  return new utility._subclassOf();
}
utility._subclassOf = function() {};

Change endnote to use something other than the curly brackets as the temporary citation delimiters.  Perhaps square brackets or ^ and ~?  this is done in the format bibliography interface, or more permanantly in the Preferences (Edit > preferences or EN >preferences in the mac). 

1 Like

@leanne wrote:

Change endnote to use something other than the curly brackets as the temporary citation delimiters.  Perhaps square brackets or ^ and ~?  this is done in the format bibliography interface, or more permanantly in the Preferences (Edit > preferences or EN >preferences in the mac). 

Thank you that worked! I did not know about the delimiters. Now using ^ and |.

Hello, I have de same error message (Aplication failed during request deserialization: not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2, column 151444, byte 151553 at…), but I can´t solve it by this way: when I´d try to change {} to [] or ^ | , the same message appears one time more. I´m using CWYW in windows. What can I do?

can you share an example document thru a dropbox or google folder?  If not thru the forum, you may have to message me.