corrupted ENL library

Hi all,

Not sure if anyone can help, but I have a library from version 8 I think?  I am not sure what version it is, its been a while since I used it.  Anyway I can’t get it to load on X2, and the library recovery feature does not work.  Should X2 recognize all previous versions?   Anything I can do?  I have some 1000 references.

Thanks.

Rob

Do you have both the library (.enl) file or even better the “library”.DATA folder?  The .DATA folder is very important and with that you can even recover the .enl file.  Move it to a new place, and with a text editor, create and empty “libraryname”.enl file in the same folder as the DATA folder is (not IN the DATA folder). Now try opening it.  I know this works for later versions.  If you don’t have that .DATA folder, it might be your problem. 

I do not have the .DATA folder, I just have the .ENL file.  I am not certain that the version I used has the .DATA folder; regardless I am unable to get it.  I do know that in the past I did transfer just the ENL file and it worked fine, but that was 5 years ago (again i dont know the version).  Is the DATA folder new?

No, not new.  I know it was there for EN7, for example, but it may not have been essential and EN8 might have been able to regenerate it.  I would phone Tech Support -this from their website:

Click Here for our Business hours and Holiday schedule.

Call us at 800-336-4474 and at the prompt press 4, and then select the “ResearchSoft Products” option. Alternatively, Click Here to Email Technical Support.

Our Commitment to You

• We do our best to answer calls promptly and to keep hold times to a minimum. If you leave us a message when our office is closed we will call you back as soon as possible – always within one business day at most.
  • We will acknowledge and, when possible, resolve all inquiries within one business day. Email responses will include a contact name and case number.
  • We will inform you within one business day if the issue requires further investigation or escalation. Escalation will take place that same business day.
  • We strive to resolve all customer technical support issues within a maximum of five business days.

Note: We are currently experiencing a large number of email cases. We are working through these cases on a first come, first served basis, and our current backlog is more than one week. We appreciate your patience as we work to resolve your issue. If you need to get in touch with us faster, please call us during our open hours.
  •  

1 Like

Okay, thanks!