customized connection files and sitewide installation

Hello All,

I am getting ready to send out the site licensed download of X3 to our users and I want to customize our connection files.  Is there a way to modify the download so that the users get the customized connection files automatically and don’t have to add them separately after the fact?  This is the first time I’ve been respobnsible for this so please forgive me if this is a stupid question.  :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Nicole

Our IT guys set up some sort of script that copies a connections/filters/styles set of folders that replaced those that come as default with X2 to improve performance issues -after installation.  I created that by judicious selection, but using those we had installed and paired down from the X2 installation. 

We haven’t moved to X3 yet, but I suspect we will use the same set when/if we do.  We really can’t afford institute wide upgrades on an annual basis though!  (even though I like the improvements to X3).

There are many customization options for volume/mass installations of EndNote X3. Most of this should be covered in the EndNote PDF manual: Chapter 24 “Networks and Volume Installations”

If there are more detailed specific questions not covered in the manual, our Tech Support team should be able to help.

Jason Rollins, the EndNote team

Thanks Jason and Leanne!  You have been a big help. 

Best,

Nicole