Edit citations in Pages 09, how to delete a single citation in a group of citations?

I use Page 09 and Endnote X5 on OS X 10.8.2.

I found there is no where I can delete single cititaion from a group of citations in the Pages.

Let’s say I cited 5 references for a statement in my manuscript and found I want to delete the 3rd citation from the 5. Everytime I double click the citation, Pages brings me to the Manage Citation window and show me the 1st citation of the 5. There is no way I can chose 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th citation of that particuler group in the Manage Citation window. Yes, I can search 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th citation in the Manage Citation window but if the 3rd citation is cited multiple times in my manuscript, Endnote will list all of them and I have no idea which one I should delete.

The way I do it now is to delete all 5 citations in the group and reinsert 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 5th citations, which is obviously extremely annoying.

Is there any way to solve this problem easier?

Greetings,

I do apologize for any inconvenience- I can definitely see how this situation would be annoying.  You’re spot-on when describing the process to identify and delete a citation from the Manage Citations window.  I want to suggest an alternate workflow for you to try, but please save a backup copy of your document beforehand.

When you discover a grouped citation you’d like to remove a reference from, highlight the grouped citation and cut/paste the grouped citation into a blank Pages document.  Once the citation has been pasted into the new Pages document, double-click on the group to bring up the Manage Citations window.  Since this grouped citation will be the only references to appear in the new Pages document, it should be easier to identify which entry to remove.  Upon making your selection, close the Manage Citations window and cut/paste your newly truncated grouped citation back into your main document.

The described process seemed to work well with Pages '09 on my Mac.  Please let me know if this alternate workflow makes things easier for you.

Best Regards,
Jimmy M.
Customer Technical Support Representative Scientific
Thomson Reuters
Phone: +1 800 336 4474
ResearchSoft Product Support
thomsonreuters.com