Endnote 20 - Enable preview pdf

Yes - I feel like I’ve wasted my money upgrading to 20 because of this lack of pdf functionality

1 Like

Me too…the PDF preview feature in EndNote X9 was one of the application’s most useful. I used it extensively to quickly scan through PFDs in my library without the hassle of opening and closing windows. Please bring it back!!

Stephen

1 Like

What is there left to say?

Yes, please bring this feature back as soon as possible.

Applications of today are flooded with multiple preview features to increase interaction speed, usability and multitasking - how is it possible that you remove such an essential preview feature that made EndNote unique nearly two decades ago when other literature managementt applications were just offering what you are doing now?!

Actually, I also requested this feature in the novel EndNote mobile apps when they were published and lacking a PDF preview feature. So, please, not only bring it back in the desktop application but, please, also implement it in the mobile applications.

1 Like

Have just upgaded to EndNote 20 on Mac and am missing the PDF preview feature on the split bottom of the page. The visual recognition of the paper as a PDF is enormously helpful when scanning through a lot of papers.

I understand that this issue has been escalated to your development team.

Is this likely to occur soon otherwise I may need to downgrade to X9 or to another platform?

Hi I do a lot of writing and in-text citation and have been a Endnote enduser for many years. I know that software changes and updates happen out of nescasity, but please bring back the preview window in the main window. This feature set the endnote working environment apart from other competitors and stream lines my ability to select my references when I completing mansucripts.

I fully agree. The PDF preview was a key feature that I used every day many times.

Without that, EndNote has lost some of its appeal, and quite unnecessarily so. I hope this will be fixed very soon.

1 Like

I agree, the PDF is probably the most frustrating lackof feature.

Other functionality has been removed or dumbed down.

1. why can the font size not be set in pints as before?

2. the space between individual records should be adjustable, currently it displays far too few records.

3. generally, I am amazed how little improvement, and in fact deterioration occurred between X9 and E 20

1 Like