endnote 9- pop-up message

Hi,

I have endnote 9 and Word 2007. I have a constant recurring pop-up in one of my document stating “this command is unavailable” seeing that I am not asking to do anything and that this occurs from the moment I open the file I find this quite annoying.

I would guess this has to do with some communication issue between EN9 and Word. Any ideas on how to fix or begin to fix this?

Hello myrkorr,

Have you seen http://endnote.com/support/faqs/CWYW/faq8.asp ?  That is the first thing that I would try.  If it doesn’t work, let me know and I’ll see what else we can come up with.

I tried to follow the instruction giving when i followed the link. It did not work.

The problem is not affecting every word documents in which I have some endnote references, only some older documents (1997-2003 type) that have been transfered from my old laptop. Yet other transfered files do not have this problem and new documents created on the new laptop do have not this problem either.

The template used on the specific document I am having problems with was not using the normal.dot(m) but a custom made one. Could it then be a similar problem?

Yes, very likely it’s an issue with the template – either the way that the old template interacts with Word, or with EN 9, or with some combination of the above.

My best advice to you is to copy the content from that file into a normal template file created in Word 2007, and use that copy from now on.