Endnote style file posting for "Human and Ecological Risk Assessment"

This is the style for Human and Ecological Risk Assessment, Hum Ecol Risk Asses, or HERA,currently published by Taylor and Francis

Thought I’d get around to posting some custom style files that I modified, all in the ecology and environment field.  T’is amazing all the quirks the publishers have come up with for portraying the same information.  The obnoxious style award for these folks is the requirement for a different reference style for reports authored by individuals versus corporate authors:

USEPA (U.S. Environmental Protection Agency). 1994. Methods for estimating the chronic toxicity blah blah. EPA 600-4-91-002, Cincinnati, OH. 341 pp.

but if the same report were attributed to the individual authors, institution goes at the end …

Lewis, PA, Klemm, DJ, Lazorchak, JM, et al. 1994. Methods for estimating the chronic toxicity blah blah, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, EPA 600-4-91-002, Cincinnati, OH. 341 pp.

If this were a more common, I’d reorganize all my reference types to “government source” or “report” but with a few hundred, not yet

Maybe there needs to be an annual Endnote awards ceremony for the best and dumbest; maybe a counterpart to the Annals of Improbable Research’s Ignoble awards for research that cannot or should not be repeated.  I digress.

----------------

Human and Ecological Risk Assessment requirements for citations and references:

References. All references must be referred to in the text by author’s name and year of publication typed within parentheses, such as (Jones 1993), (Clones and Bartlett 1994), (Jones et al. 1995 [when there are more than two authors]), (Howe 1993a,b; Howe 1994; Johnson 1999, 2002; Bartlett et al. 1994). References must follow the text and begin on a separate page, be double-spaced, and alphabetized. Each line after the first of each reference must be indented using the “hanging paragraph” format available in word processors. If there is more than one reference by one author or group of authors in the references, they must be placed in ascending chronological order. Use small letters (1998a,b) for references published in the same year. Abbreviate journal titles according to the Chemical Abstracts Service Source Index(1985). Examples:

Journal Article: Walker IT, Burnett CA, Lalich NR, et al. 1997. Cancer mortality among laundry and dry cleaning workers. Am Ind Med 32:614-9  

Document: USEPA (US Environmental Protection Agency). 1983. Health Assessment Document for Acrylonitrile. EPA-600/8/82/007F. Office of Health and Environmental Assessment, Washington, DC, USA  

Book: Philip RB. 1995. Environmental Hazards & Human Health, pp 9-16. Lewis Publishers, Boca Raton, FL, USA

Chapter in an Edited Book: Mertens JA. 1993. Chlorocarbons and chlorhydrocarbons. In: Kroschwitz and Howe-Grant M (eds), Kirk-Othmer Encyclopedia of Chemical Technology, vol 6, 4th ed, pp 40-50. John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA

Materials from a Website: ATSDR (Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry). 2000. Resources for information on asbestos and asbestos-related disease. Available at http:// ATSDR - Page Not Found or Temporarily Unavailable

Hum Ecol Risk Asses.ens (20.4 KB)

Many THANXXX! That really helped me.