Filter for Wiley Interscience?

Does anyone know of a Reference Manager filter that can be used for the Wiley Interscience? The database does export a tagged text file but I have not found a suitable filter for importing this.

Thanks

Dear Gregor

I have been asked for a filter for this service to but cannot locate one. I am not sure about how to go about creating one but will submit it as a suggestion

Thank you

I put in a request myself at http://www.refman.com/support/rmstylereq.asp but I did not hear any more about it.

Good luck

Gregor

Hi Gregor

Thinking about this - I haven’t a clue what I’m doing but I had a filter for Wiley Cochrane database and it seems to work okay for “export citation” from Wiley Interscience journal articles. The only problem is all the fields have tags which are 2 capital letters apart from “DOI” which is three, so it thinks the DOI is part of the Address field and puts it in there. I can’t think of how to change this - here is it - let me know how you go on or if there is anything I could do to improve this.

Regards

Rosalind

Wiley Interscience.cap (1.01 KB)

Hello All,

Wiley flips the author name order.  Is it possible to direct RM to compensate for this?

Regards,

Kevin

Dear Gregor

When you say “a filter for Wiley Science” do you mean any particular database or for their journals generally? I use this for Wiley Interscience journals but you still have to save the text file and then import it - i have been trying to get them to put a direct export connection in

best wishes

Rosalind

Wiley Interscience.cap (1.01 KB)

Rosalind,

Thank you for the filter.  Unfortunately, the names are still flipped, so that the first name is treated as the last.  The Wiley Interscience journal website provides a filter for EndNote users that explicitly addresses the reversed name order, but does not provide one for Reference Manager.  I can use NLM-MEDLINE to import the citation, but then I only import the first initial for each author (I tried to modify the filter to import the full author name instead (FAU -  instead of AU  - ) without success.)  The direct import would be nice, too…

Kevin

Dear Kevin, thanks for this - I see what you mean - I have had a look today at trying to work out if you can change the directioin in which Reference Manager scans the author field and put the surname first but I can’t work out how to do do it. It’s over to Thomson on this one as I don’t have the expertise to do this and I’m not even sure if it is possible to do this - I think you just have to retype the authors as I don’t think Reference Manager is this clever - perhaps Thomson can clarify for us?

best wishes

Rosalind

On the Wiley InterScience Help page, under Citation Export (link below), we provide an Endnote filter for Wiley InterScience Journals.  The page also describes how to manually update an existing filter to deal with the author field 

http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/help?page=HELP_citation_export&title=Citation%20Export

Hope this helps,

Colleen

It is very good the Wiley are providing an EndNote filter that can be downloaded however the problem raised is to do with Reference Manager and not EndNote.  Being different applications I am not sure how much help there being a EndNote filter is for Reference Manager users. Perhaps if a Reference Manager filter could be made available on this page as well, along with the equivalent edit instructions?