Manuscript style has fields I filled in but can't get in preview

Sorry one last question. I have been practicing manuscript style. Is there   a specific resource. If so I can’t find it an the t hree nuals and other pdf guides I have.

Manuscript style has fields I filled in but they dont show up in preview. I have tried many output style but none except “all fields” which is not suitable shows acession number. How come if there is a field for it?. Here is the very basic record I have tried from an example record in the referencing guide. -no hope with other accession numbers etc. The guide shows that  author is the NSWSRO, They also show the title is   title/creator of collection and consignment  which is the

Road   Board and it gives an accession number

Author  -  New South Wales State Record Office

Title= Backburn Road Board

accession number = 1234

date - 1910-1930

Here is another one that I will have to change fields but not much point is this doesnt work

Same info as above (example) but added references WAS 211, Cons   3456/22

Note Cons is a consignment number =

amny thanks

Office

The Accession Number field is available for your records, but is not included in most Output Styles. This field is simply not a part of most Bibliographic Style requirements. However, you should be able to edit an existing Style to add the Accession Number field if needed. You can open the style by going to Edit > Output Styles > Open Style Manager. From here, select the Style of your choice and click the Edit button. Click on Templates under Bibliography and use the Insert Field command to add the Accession Number to the appropriate Reference Type(s). Once this is done, Save the edited Style from the File menu before closing the Style and the Style manager. If the Style is saved with a new name, be sure to select the updated version of the Style in your library window to see the updated preview.

Jason Berman
Technical Sup Rep RS

Thomson Reuters

Phone: +1 800-336-4474
thomsonreuters.com

@jason wrote:

Save the edited Style from the File menu before closing the Style and the Style manager. If the Style is saved with a new name, be sure to select the updated version of the Style in your library window to see the updated preview.

FYI,  selecting the Style in the library window will have no effect on the style used in the manuscript. The style must be changed on the Bibliography ribbon (word 2007/2010) or format bibliography tool (Word 2003 or earlier).