Multiple citations from an author in one year

Can you copy the reference list as they appear?

I got a new problem concerning this topic.

I have multiple citations from an author in one year. Everything works fine except the order, when the title of the work beginns with an “a” or “the”.

For example:

xy (2015a): Funders & Partners

xy (2015b): A Leader in Shared Value Efforts.

or:

xy (2015i) Our story

xy (2015j) T he Power of strategic mission

xy (2015k) Shared Value

Does anyone have solution for this problem? Actually (2015b) should be (2015a) and (2015j) should be (2015k).

Thanks for help and sorry, for picking up this old threat.

It was my impression that one always ignores the articles when alphabetizing titles?  

…hmmm…do you have any solution then? Or do i have to sort it manually?

It is ignoring them, from the example you provided?  Or are you saying that isn’t what you are getting, but is what you are wanting?  

Nope that is, what i get… and i want, that it is in the right alphabetical order :slight_smile:

PS: Thank you for you fast answers :slight_smile:

It IS in the right alphabetical order according to the way publishers expect to see it.  They basically want it sorted ignoring the Articles.  

See APA rule 7 here: 

https://www.scribbr.com/apa-style/alphabetizing-reference-list-according-apa-rules/

Rule 7

For sources with the same author(s) and the same publication date, you alphabetize based on the title of the source. Pay attention! Don’t take prefixes into account (like A, The, An, etc.).

Example 7: Sorting sources based on title

Totti, F. J., & Schweinsteiger, B. (2005). Better home than away.
Totti, F. J., & Schweinsteiger, B. (2005). A view to a kill.

and from the Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_articles#Effect_on_alphabetical_order

Effect on alphabetical order

In sorting titles and phrases alphabetically, articles are usually excluded from consideration, since being so common makes them more of a hindrance than a help in finding a desired item (NB my emphasis). For example, The Comedy of Errors is alphabetized before A Midsummer Night’s Dream, because the and a are ignored and comedy alphabetizes before midsummer. In an index, the former work might be written “Comedy of Errors, The”, with the article moved to the end.

Alright :slight_smile: Then i can leave it like that :slight_smile:

Thank you for your effort and the links :slight_smile: