Multiple items in same year by same author not listed correctly

Dear Leanne

Thank you so much for your reply. I double checked and I do have x 7.5 up and running. 

I did try your advice, but with not much sucess. At the end, I just gave up and coverted my thesis to Plain Text and maunually fixed it. At least by that way, I can fix my citation.

I really appreicate your feedback though. Thank you again for your help. :o)

Does it happen on a new document too?  – this is very surprising as the update appeared to fix it for other users?  

Hi All,

I am having the same issue mentioned by other users, and I’m running X7.7.1.

Instead of having:

______

[1] See Perry 1993a, Perry 1993b

I have:

______

[1] See Perry 1993b, Perry 1993a

I should also highlight that the reference appearing as Perry 1993b comes before Perry 1993a in my bibliography.

In other words, if I turn instant formatting off, Perry 1993b corresponds to {Perry, 1993 #143}, whereas Perry 1993a to {Perry, 1993 #144}, so the question is – why is EndNote assigning “a” to #144 and not to #143?!

I am working on a big publication and cannot fix this manually.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

You are not seeing the bug that is the subject of this thread.  You are seeing the sort order as usually defined by the publication house.  It sorts not by appearance, but by the criteria listed in your output style, usually Authors, Year or Authors, Title for example.  

See this thread for a detailed discussion.  Basically it is probably right, despite being aesthetically displeasing.  

Hello All,

I have another problem. I expect to have: Hao et al., 2016a,b and I have Hao et al., 2016a; Hao et al., 2016b. In the ‘Citations-Author Name’ I have marked: ‘Omit repeated authors (e.g.Smith, 1999, 2000)’ - but unfortunatly it does not work.

Any idea what I’m doing wrong?

Thank you for any help.

Yes, this is a different topic from the original bug, but see this thread, because EndNote has NEVER handled these correctly:   How to omit NON-consecutive repeated authors and differing et al. authors?

https://community.endnote.com/t5/EndNote-Styles-Filters-and/How-to-omit-NON-consecutive-repeated-authors-and-differing-et-al/m-p/7568#M871 

(added in edit- this is the question in problem 2 but not elaborated very well – this is another thread https://community.endnote.com/t5/EndNote-Styles-Filters-and/EndNote-styles-Smith-et-al-2006-2007-2008/td-p/36257 that may address it in more detail, but still an unsatifactory ending)

Thank you for giving the right links. I regret that it still does not work.