odd duplicates in a bib (X 8.0.1 + MS Word 2011 for Mac)

Getting odd duplicates in a bib. with a style that is not supposed to generate bib (just info in the notes)

I tried unformatting citations and looking for the culprits. If I mistakenly asked Endnote to show an item ONLY int he Bib., would this appear when citations are unformatted?  I though I “killed” these; and anyway nothing explains the multiple listings of items.

tx

Johann Gottfried Herder. “Werke in zehn Bänden.” edited by Günter Arnold, et. al. Frankfurt am Main: Deutscher Klassiker Verlag, 1985-2000.

1. B. L. Webster, Hellenistic Poetry and Art. London: Methuen, 1964.

Simone Weil, The Iliad, or The Poem of Force [in Translated from the French.]. Translated by Mary McCarthy. New York: New York Review Books, 2005.

Johann Gottfried Herder. “Werke in zehn Bänden.” edited by Günter Arnold, et. al. Frankfurt am Main: Deutscher Klassiker Verlag, 1985-2000.

Simone Weil, The Iliad, or The Poem of Force [in Translated from the French.]. Translated by Mary McCarthy. New York: New York Review Books, 2005.