Paragraphs in Reference List

Dear endnote support team,

I have the following problem:

I have downloaded the output style from Paleoceanography, but it appears in my word file without the paragraphs. Like this:

Reference list example:

Adkins, J. F., K. McIntyre, and D. P. Schrag (2002), The salinity, temperature, and δ18O of   the glacial deep ocean, Science, 298(5599), 1769-1773.

Alegret, L., and E. Thomas (2001), Upper Cretaceous and lower Paleogene benthic foraminifera from northeastern Mexico, Micropaleontology, 47(4), 269-316.

Alegret, L., and E. Thomas (2007), Deep-Sea environments across the Cretaceous/Paleogene boundary in the eastern South Atlantic Ocean (ODP Leg 208, Walvis Ridge), Marine Micropaleontology, 64(1-2), 1-17.

However, I do need it like this:

Adkins, J. F., K. McIntyre, and D. P. Schrag (2002), The salinity, temperature, and δ18O of the glacial deep ocean,

Science, 298(5599), 1769-1773.

Alegret, L., and E. Thomas (2001), Upper Cretaceous and lower Paleogene benthic foraminifera from northeastern

Mexico, Micropaleontology, 47(4), 269-316.

Alegret, L., and E. Thomas (2007), Deep-Sea environments across the Cretaceous/Paleogene boundary in the eastern

South Atlantic Ocean (ODP Leg 208, Walvis Ridge), Marine Micropaleontology, 64(1-2), 1-17.

Is there any command in the Edit output style fields where I can change this or is it a problem in word (I am using Mac OS X and endnote X3)?

Thank you very much in advance,

Mirjam

Your bibliography “Layout” setting in Endnote may be mistakenly set to “None” when it should be: All Paragraphs.

To check the setting:

1. Go to the EndNote toolbar, select EDIT, OUTPUT STYLES, EDIT [name of style you’re using]. This command will cause the style’s dialog window to appear on screen.

2. Within the style’s dialog, locate the “Bibliography” heading in the left column then click to select: Layout.

3. In the Layout window locate “Hanging Indent” in the lower right-hand corner.  Click the pull-down menu to select: All paragraphs.

4. Close the style dialog window. You will be prompted to save the changes which will generate a file copy. Change the Endnote and MS Word settings to use the file copy.

Thank you very much, this helped :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: