PDF page display resolution settings ignored

When a PDF is viewed in Acrobat Reader started by clicking a PDF from within EndNote the Acrobat Reader settings for >Edit>Preferences>Page Display>Resolution (use system setting) is ignored. This is important for HD screens, as it can affect the resolution of documents (very small), especially when using the ctrl 1, ctrl 2 shortcuts to adjust the document view.

I note that if I start Acrobat reader and leave it running before I open a PDF from within EndNote the setting is maintained and recognised. As a work around that is okay. Is this something that may be resolved in the future?

I forgot to add this is occurring on Windows 7 Professional 64bit, Adobe Acrobat XI, EndNote X7.4 Bld 8818

When you changed the resolution setting in Adobe Acrobat Reader did you have an EndNote PDF article already “opened” at the time? If so, just open the Reader without activating any article then change the resolution setting.

The ‘preferences’ setting I have made was made in Acrobat without EndNote running, or whilst viewing any PDF document. 

I don’t have any problems changing the setting so you might try reinstalling Acrobat Reader and/or contacting tech support:

Technical support

For help using EndNote

Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. Eastern (GMT -5)
+1-800-336-4474, press 4

Submit a technical support request

International support contacts