problem with 'insert citation'

hi there,

whenever I insert a citation i get a large paragraph, like this:

(ADDIN EN.CITE <EndNote><Cite><Author>Dhar</Author><Year>2000</Year><RecNum>929</RecNum><record><rec-number>929</rec-number><foreign-keys><key app=“EN” db-id=“x59ff90rmawxscezp0sx9xfz9vv0tx2pxtx2”>929</key></foreign-keys><ref-type name=“Journal Article”>17</ref-type><contributors><authors><author>Dhar, R.</author><author>Wertenbroch, K.</author></authors></contributors><auth-address>Dhar, R Yale Sch Management, New Haven, CT USA Yale Sch Management, New Haven, CT USA Yale Sch Management, New Haven, CT USA INSEAD, Fontainebleau, France</auth-address><titles><title>Consumer choice between hedonic and utilitarian goods</title><secondary-title>Journal of Marketing Research</secondary-title><alt-title>J Marketing Res</alt-title></titles><periodical><full-title>Journal of Marketing Research</full-title><abbr-1>J Marketing Res</abbr-1></periodical><alt-periodical><full-title>Journal of Marketing Research</full-title><abbr-1>J Marketing Res</abbr-1></alt-periodical><pages>60-71</pages><volume>37</volume><number>1</number><keywords><keyword>counterfactual thinking</keyword><keyword>preference reversals</keyword><keyword>loss aversion</keyword><keyword>satisfaction</keyword><keyword>alternatives</keyword><keyword>consumption</keyword><keyword>judgments</keyword><keyword>omission</keyword><keyword>imagery</keyword></keywords><dates><year>2000</year><pub-dates><date>Feb</date></pub-dates></dates><isbn>0022-2437</isbn><accession-num>ISI:000085436200005</accession-num><urls><related-urls><url><Go to ISI>://000085436200005</url></related-urls></urls><language>English</language></record></Cite></EndNote>)

This remains in all ‘view’ options apart from ‘reading’.

For example, when i view the document in print-preview this looks far better, like this:

([33]).

It’s terribly annoying because I need to insert figures into the final text and their placement depends on where paragraphs end and finish.i have a deadline tomorrow -please can you help?

I’m using MS word 2007 on a windows xp platform, and endnote x. 02.

thanks, deborah

You’re seeing the EndNote field codes. To turn them “off”, view the “CWYW 12” FAQ from the EndNote Knowledge Base (scroll down the list then click on CWYW 12) which provides instructions and a video.

PS – try alt F9  - and they wouldn’t print that way.