Several authors and workgroup

Hi everyone, 

a little help would be great here. I’m trying to cite a reference in AMA style so that is looks like this:

Menter A, Korman NJ, Elmets CA, et al; American Academy of Dermatology Work Group. Guidelines of care for the management of psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis: section 6. Guidelines of care for the treatment of psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis: case-based presentations and evidence-based conclusions. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2011;65(1):137-174.

As you can see, per AMA style since there are more than 6 authors, I only keep the 3 first authors followed by et al.

But since this is also a worksgroup, I also add, stiull per AMA the American Academy of Dermatology Work Group.

How can I make that happen with endnote? right now it works well but i cant have the workgruop added as appropriate and I dont see how adding a coma at the end of the workgroup could resolve this.

Thanks for the help!

Since the AADWG seems to be attributed as a co-author, putting et al. then listing the organization next seems incorrect. “et al.” means “and others” – so the organization should appear before the et al. but will not in your case depending on how it was listed in the Author field and whether it will be among the first three authors (since you truncated the list to three). Does your style guideline indicate “work groups” or organizations should be listed separately? If not then you needn’t be concerned about the placement.

If however you wish to pursue the format you indicated (which may be incorrect), you’ll need to create a custom field to contain the organization’s name then modify the bibliography output style template to place the custom field after the Author field.

Thanks (again) CrazyGecko,

i’ll double check with my editor but i’m pretty sure that this style requires to have “work groups” or organizations listed separately. I’ll try with your recommendation to create a custom field and changing the output style.

Thanks!!