specific footnote for dissertation

Hello,

I use endnote X5 and word 2010.

I like to create special footnotes in my dissertation like following:

Vgl. Glöckler (1995), S. 12; Schneider (1991), S. 3; Merkle (1992), S. 45.

I use the following (footnotes - templates , using footnote format - multiple citation seperator “;”) generic footnote :

Vgl. Author (Year), Cited Pages

If I use the latter, I’ll get this output:

Vgl. Glöckler (1995), S. 12; Vgl. Schneider (1991), S. 3; Vgl. Merkle (1992), S. 45.

so there are two “Vgl” too much - “Vgl” should appear only at the beginning by multiple citation.

How could I solve the problem? I need the command that “Vgl” only appears at the beginning!

I know I could paste “Vgl” in Word, but I write a disseration and each of the hundreds of  footnotes beginns with the german acronym “Vgl”

thx

Put Vgl in the footnote itself and not in the footnote template?

I need the command that “Vgl” only appears at the beginning!

I know I could paste “Vgl” in Word footnote, but I write a disseration and each of the hundreds of  footnotes beginns with the german acronym “Vgl”

Thats the Problem!!

Probably guessed by now after multiple postings and wierd moves from the inappropriate forum to this one.  - ain’t possible.  You would need to request a “layout” section for these footnotes, but then it would apply to each and every footnote.  Are there footnotes that would not require “Vgl”?  Isn’t the “see” equivalent a redundant point in a footnote (even in German)?