The most popular journals' citation style feature seems to be missing Endnote 6!

This has actually been giving me some headaches for the past 2 weeks. I have the reference: 

Amosa, M., Mohammed, I., & Yaro, S. (2010). Sulfide Scavengers in Oil and Gas Industry–A Review. Nafta, 61(2), 85-92.

Now how do I make my APA style to be able to give me citations such as:

(1) … with the need to have some prophylactic measures (Amosa et al., 2010) and (Amosa, et al., 2010)

(2) Amosa et al (2010) observed there is the need to have some prophylactic measures.

So in summary I need to know how to cite in 3 ways; 2 ways at the end of statement “e.g… (Amosa et al., 2010) and (Amosa, et al., 2010)”, and 1 way  “e.g. Amosa et al (2010)” at the begining of a statement.

This has been the most common (IMHO) style required by most journals I used to submit my work to.

Please help.

Since it appears the citation Amosa et al., 2010 is based on a single reference, your first example of citing the same reference twice at the end of the sentence is incorrect – it should be cited once. So could you clarify why the redundant cite is needed?

In your second example, insert the citation (Amosa et al., 2010) then 1) edit the citation to exclude/hide the author name, and 2) manually type Amosa et al. in front of (2010).  Refer to the EndNote training video “#9: Author (Year) Citations”.

I posted to your other version of this, but I assume you are using Endnote X6 and not an 11 yr old version?  This is a citation option in the recent versions of the softward package.  http://community.thomsonreuters.com/t5/EndNote-How-To/Problem-with-et-al-amp-author-names/m-p/45871#M9772

Thanks a lot. However, I am not intending to cite the reference twice. The reason for asking for that some journals do request for different styles.

@crazygecko wrote:

Since it appears the citation Amosa et al., 2010 is based on a single reference, your first example of citing the same reference twice at the end of the sentence is incorrect – it should be cited once. So could you clarify why the redundant cite is needed?

In your second example, insert the citation (Amosa et al., 2010) then 1) edit the citation to exclude/hide the author name, and 2) manually type Amosa et al. in front of (2010).  Refer to the EndNote training video “#9: Author (Year) Citations”.

@crazygecko wrote:

@crazygecko wrote: