Toolbar visibility

When in Word,  the tool bar appears … but the color is simiar to the bacgroudn in Word and is therefore at times very hard to see on the screen … especailly as i have large dual monitors … so finding it is hard.  

Is there a way to put a boarder on the toolbar or change its color … or make it “stick” to the side of the Word document currently in use?

Which version of EndNote and Word do you have?

Jason Berman
Technical Sup Rep RS

Thomson Reuters

Phone: +1 800-336-4474
thomsonreuters.com

Word 2011 for Mac 

Endnote X5 for Mac …  

have same for PC … but the Mac is what i use most

Word 2011 for the Mac has some limited customization that can be done for toolbars. However, there does not appear to be a way to modify the background color of the toolbars. It is possible to copy the EndNote toolbar commands to a dockable toolbar. In Word 2011, the only dockable toolbar you can modify in this way is Formatting. In Word, click on the View menu > Toolbars > Customize Toolbars and Menus. Here you can uncheck the Dock option for Formatting. You can then copy the EndNote tools to the Formatting toolbar by holding down the Option key and dragging the commands over to the position you want. The Output Style drop-down menu can be re-sized after you copy it over. Once this is done, you can re-dock the Formatting toolbar by checking that box. You can also uncheck to Show the EndNote X5 menu if you do not want the floating toolbar to appear as well as the commands in the Formatting toolbar and the commands under the Tools menu. Click OK to close the Customize Toolbars and Menus screen. I would also recommend submitting a product suggestion to Microsoft if you would like to see additional options for handling toolbars in Microsoft Word:

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/product-feedback

Jason Berman
Technical Sup Rep RS

Thomson Reuters

Phone: +1 800-336-4474
thomsonreuters.com