Want to refresh the encase.txt (EndNote Change Case Stop List) from within endnote immediately.

Dear all,

When I add a new entry to the EndNote Change Case Stop List, i.e, add the entry to

to the encase.txt, I cann’t see the Change Case Stop effect untill  I 

restart endnote to take this Change Case Stop entry into effect from within endnote.

Is there any way to refresh the  encase.txt (EndNote Change Case Stop List) from within endnote immediately?

How do you add the new entry?  In Endnote? or by modifying the file itself?   Making modification in Preferences, are applied immediately in Endnote X2 anyway. 

@leanne wrote:
How do you add the new entry?  In Endnote? or by modifying the file itself?   Making modification in Preferences, are applied immediately in Endnote X2 anyway. 

I’ve written a script to add the entries into the encase.txt  directly.  Basically this script will handle the system’s clipboard on which the change_case_stop_words are sent to. 

Regards,

Maybe if you openned the preferences - it would make the new ones accessible, but if you are doing it outside the program - I doubt there is a way to get Endnote to look at it otherwise.  It doesn’t know it changed!