Windows update notification this morning?

Any comments or glitches fro the new Windows EndNote update that dropped this morning?

EndNote X7.7 Update

This release contains critical updates, optimizations and other improvements for:

• Online Search and Find Full Text with PubMed via Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
  • Using short form, include the title field only when needed to disambiguate a citation
  • Cite While You Write, includes track changes and format multiple citations via EndNote online
  • Import PDFs
  • Other bug fixes and stability improvements

Yes - since updating. Cite while you write and Endnote tab will not load in Word 2016. Any help appreciated please!

Yes! - since updating to x7.7 (bld 9832) Cite while you write and Endnote tab will not load in Word 2016. Word asked to disable add-in. have done this then tried re-enabling - which shows tab but will not work then when close and re-open word it is gone again.

Any help please! (greatly appreciated…)

Update failed with the attached message. Is there a workaround for this?

I’m running X7.5 (17.5.0.9325)

EndNote update error002.jpg

UPDATE: Eventually got it working. Advice on Word and Endnote support all too generic - they got it loading and working but then it closed and having to manually re-activate everytime opened word. Then found changing 'load behaviour’in registry to 3 instead of 0 has worked which seems to have worked - re ensuring Endnote opens on startup everytime…

Sorry can’t add link to guide - so…briefly as below…

If the load behavior is “Unloaded” then follow these steps:
Open your registry editor. To do this, open your Windows Start menu and type “regedit”. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Office > Word > Addins >  [ENDNOTE FILE NAME]. Note what the LoadBehavior is set to. It will be a number like 0 or 1 or 3. 
If the LoadBehavior is anything other than “3” then follow these steps:

1. Close Word (or Excel or Outlook). Make sure the “winword.exe” process is not running in the Windows Task Manager. 
  2. Open the registry editor again. Double-click the registry key to edit it.
  3. Change the Load Behavior to “3.” Close the registry editor.
    4) Re-open the registry editor to ensure “3” is still there.
    5) Open Word. The add-in should now load automatically at startup.

This is all extreamly frustrating, Endnote need to provide a functioning piece of software to their clients whom have invested time and money in a product. At the moment, with the amount of time everone needs to invest to achieve a working copy, we would be better off going open source Linux. I just dont get it?.

I updated in the end, and had no problems.  I run Windows 7 Professional and Office 365 ProPlus, word version 16.0.6741.2063 and EndnotNote x7.7 (Bld 9832) – I would recommend that anyone having an issue contact Tech Support (www.endnote.com/support)  by phone.