2 error messages - execution failed and 25 windows opened with message - endnote ad on.

I apologize that you have encountered these issues. I’m sure we can assist you to alleviate them.

A. In order to better assist you, we may need more specific information. Which version of EndNote do you have? Is it EndNote X5 (released 2011) or EndNote 5 (released June 2001)? The distinction is important.

Which version of Microsoft Word do you have? (Example Word 2003, Word 2007)

B. EndNote does have an add-on that it adds to Microsoft Word. This is so that the EndNote tools show up in Word and that you can use the Cite While You Write feature. Are the EndNote tools missing in Word?

If you have EndNote X5, your Bld should be 5774. You can check that by opening the EndNote program, then going to the Help menu and selecting “About EndNote.” If your Bld number is lower than 5774, then you may have to try the update again. This is important as it may resolve your “execution failed” issue.

C. You can repair the installation by following these steps:

1. Make sure you have closed all your programs including EndNote, Microsoft Word and any other Microsoft programs.

2. Go to the start button, click on Control Panel and select “Programs” and then “Programs and Features.”

3. You should be able to find EndNote in the list of programs available. You will want to click on it so that it is highlighted and then click on the “Repair” button.

Please let me know if this helps or please answer the questions above.

Best regards,

Miguel Mendoza