Sitemap | EndNote
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
New User

Re: A way to recreate my EndNote Web library?

Actually the suffix is kept now by endnote as part of my stable emailadress.

New User

Sorry to spam. No I tried to sync on my laptop, because the whole point was having my library synced on TWO devices...well, all it did was deleting all my references there.  I made a copy ...all my groups are ***edit***ed up now, but ok. References are still there. So what I have now, are 3 copies of the library, how do I merge them back now??

I cant get them online, I tried several times, it keeps deleting everything as I deleted everything in my online account.

I just reinstalled endnote on my computer but the wrong folder location where it should NOT sync to, is still there?? what the hell?

Mentor

I recommend you wait until monday and call Tech support, since you are not seeing what I see, when I tried the below (albeit quite a while ago now).  Since syncing works two-way, you can't delete things in one space and not expect to see them deleted in the other.  resetting the location of the desktop location is a registry setting.  

you might try listening to this.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzgoRaXFFPk

(long time Endnote user)
Mentor

[ Edited ]

@Marishki wrote:

Actually the suffix is kept now by endnote as part of my stable emailadress.

then you need to repeat again without the suffix

(long time Endnote user)
Highlighted
New User

Ok, so it is two months later, might I be so bold as to ask if there is any solution for mac users yet?

Following the "#!ResetLocalSync" addition to the email address, the sync still only throws a 2 second "Authorizing" message and does nothing else. Endnote on Windows does complete the process allright, but then again, I never had problems with assynchrone local library on my windows systems in first place.

mac OS X 10.11.6, , endnote X7.7 (Build 11722)

Mentor

Sorry.  I don't know.  I don't use a Mac.  I recommend that everyone contact Tech support and not the forum for issues relating to syncing.  

(long time Endnote user)
New User

- Make a backup of your EndNote library (or just copy the My EndNote Library.Data and My EndNote Library.enl) files somewhere else so you can use it to restore your library later.

- Open EndNote>Preferences>Sync and turn off automatic sync

- Quit EndNote

- Go to Users/[username]/Library/Preferences and find com.ThomsonResearchSoft.EndNote.plist

- Open the file in any text editor and scan through the mess for the "wrong" directory of your libary, replace it with the correct path, save the file, exit editor.

- Open Endnote>Preferences>Sync and turn on automatic sync, and use your account credentials

- Close Preferences, then go to Tools>Sync

- EndNote will now try to sync with the online account, you might lose a lot of references in this step, don't panic.

- After EndNote finishes it's long sync (retrieving references, sending updates bla bla), go to File>Open library and browse to the My EndNote Library.enl library that you saved at the first step.

- When it opens, select all the references, right click>copy references to and this time select your original library.

- After everyhting is copied, you might need to get rid of duplicates and sync the libary (maybe automatically) again.

New User

Hi,

I went to 'go to folder' and typed in 'Users/[username]/Library/Preferences' (I obviously changed 'username' to my name) but it returned saying there is no such folder.

This is such a pain, all I need to do it change the path for my library so it will sync.

What can I do?

New User

Hi

Plase help me.

I was sorting my ref. list for my thesis and stupedily i have deleted the ref. from endnote web.

I can see only empty groups and all ref. in trash.

On the desktop, i cannot see any ref..

I have all the refrences attaches to the theis chapters at the moment( word document) but need sorting first and I am scared to touch it as might get lost as well.

Can you help please????

Thanks

Mentor

So they are still there in the "trash" folder in one of the two libraries?  -- If online, in trash, go to trash, and select all and use the drop down "add to group" option to move them  (I select to a new group).  -- that will at least recover them, and they should then sync to your desktop again.  

(long time Endnote user)