A way to recreate my EndNote Web library?

I recommend you wait until monday and call Tech support, since you are not seeing what I see, when I tried the below (albeit quite a while ago now).  Since syncing works two-way, you can’t delete things in one space and not expect to see them deleted in the other.  resetting the location of the desktop location is a registry setting.  

you might try listening to this.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzgoRaXFFPk

@marishki wrote:

Actually the suffix is kept now by endnote as part of my stable emailadress.

then you need to repeat again without the suffix

In step 6 i get a : Unable to link to new account. Reopen the data base and try again…

Every time I try…

Ok, so it is two months later, might I be so bold as to ask if there is any solution for mac users yet?

Following the “#!ResetLocalSync” addition to the email address, the sync still only throws a 2 second “Authorizing” message and does nothing else. Endnote on Windows does complete the process allright, but then again, I never had problems with assynchrone local library on my windows systems in first place.

mac OS X 10.11.6, , endnote X7.7 (Build 11722)

Sorry.  I don’t know.  I don’t use a Mac.  I recommend that everyone contact Tech support and not the forum for issues relating to syncing.  

• Make a backup of your EndNote library (or just copy the My EndNote Library.Data and My EndNote Library.enl) files somewhere else so you can use it to restore your library later.

• Open EndNote>Preferences>Sync and turn off automatic sync

• Quit EndNote

• Go to Users/[username]/Library/Preferences and find com.ThomsonResearchSoft.EndNote.plist

• Open the file in any text editor and scan through the mess for the “wrong” directory of your libary, replace it with the correct path, save the file, exit editor.

• Open Endnote>Preferences>Sync and turn on automatic sync, and use your account credentials

• Close Preferences, then go to Tools>Sync

• EndNote will now try to sync with the online account, you might lose a lot of references in this step, don’t panic.

• After EndNote finishes it’s long sync (retrieving references, sending updates bla bla), go to File>Open library and browse to the My EndNote Library.enl library that you saved at the first step.

• When it opens, select all the references, right click>copy references to and this time select your original library.

• After everyhting is copied, you might need to get rid of duplicates and sync the libary (maybe automatically) again.

• Make a backup of your EndNote library (or just copy the My EndNote Library.Data and My EndNote Library.enl) files somewhere else so you can use it to restore your library later.

• Open EndNote>Preferences>Sync and turn off automatic sync

• Quit EndNote

• Go to Users/[username]/Library/Preferences and find com.ThomsonResearchSoft.EndNote.plist

• Open the file in any text editor and scan through the mess for the “wrong” directory of your libary, replace it with the correct path, save the file, exit editor.

• Open Endnote>Preferences>Sync and turn on automatic sync, and use your account credentials

• Close Preferences, then go to Tools>Sync

• EndNote will now try to sync with the online account, you might lose a lot of references in this step, don’t panic.

• After EndNote finishes it’s long sync (retrieving references, sending updates bla bla), go to File>Open library and browse to the My EndNote Library.enl library that you saved at the first step.

• When it opens, select all the references, right click>copy references to and this time select your original library.

• After everyhting is copied, you might need to get rid of duplicates and sync the libary (maybe automatically) again.

Hi,

I went to ‘go to folder’ and typed in ‘Users/[username]/Library/Preferences’ (I obviously changed ‘username’ to my name) but it returned saying there is no such folder.

This is such a pain, all I need to do it change the path for my library so it will sync.

What can I do?

Hi,

I went to ‘go to folder’ and typed in ‘Users/[username]/Library/Preferences’ (I obviously changed ‘username’ to my name) but it returned saying there is no such folder.

This is such a pain, all I need to do it change the path for my library so it will sync.

What can I do?

The dynamic compound from home grown pay attention go about as a set off to increase the production of the testosterone hormone within the physique and deliver principal elements for its increased generation. The ideal level of testosterone expands red platelet number which boosts the oxygen conveying restrict of blood, hence builds our bodily stamina and scale  back the tiredness. TestoBoost pro additionally help muscle protein union and blaze the further fats. The dynamic fixings in supplement slash the construction of chemicals that  reason dejection and aid the hormone eases stretch and enhances your focus and enhances your leisure instance and for that reason diminishes the restoration time.

Hi

Plase help me.

I was sorting my ref. list for my thesis and stupedily i have deleted the ref. from endnote web.

I can see only empty groups and all ref. in trash.

On the desktop, i cannot see any ref…

I have all the refrences attaches to the theis chapters at the moment( word document) but need sorting first and I am scared to touch it as might get lost as well.

Can you help please???

Thanks

So they are still there in the “trash” folder in one of the two libraries?  – If online, in trash, go to trash, and select all and use the drop down “add to group” option to move them  (I select to a new group).  – that will at least recover them, and they should then sync to your desktop again.  

Hello, Tom

I followed your steps one by one. But the 7th step turned out to be “Unable to link to new account, reopen the database and try again.”

I tried to find some answers to fix this problem on the support website, google and this forum, but it failed.

Then I ignored this problem, and folloed the following steps, but the 10th step turned out to be “This library is not syncing properly. contact support at http:\endnote.com\support for help resolving this issue.”

What should i do to fix it?

I am waiting for your help.

Thank you in advance!

System: WIN10 14393

Endnote X8.0.1 (Bld 10444)

I recommend you call Tech Support, as it will be faster than hoping they see this post. 

www.endnote.com/support 

OK, Thank you!

I use Endnote 7 on Mac and I recently experienced the problem that people on this thread have had after shifting the location of my Endnote library. I write this in the off chance that it will help someone else, and in case I ever have to do this again - it having consumed a good few hours of my life.

I followed Leanne’s long post (message #9). However, I experienced what a number of users did in that after completing the relevant step there would be no prompt. I then came across message #9 by t0m7 in a thread entitled “Not syncing with endnote web”. This user stated the following:  

• go to preferences - sync

• clear the email and password fields

• save

• click on the sync button

• enter your email and password in the pop up

Basically, at the various points in Leanne’s instructions that you have to go into the sync preferences - the first time to add #!resetLocalSync  to the end of your email address, and the second time to revert the email address - do it as per t0m7’s post. This is what worked for me.

Yes, thank you Painoguy! These instructions (from 07-23-2017) worked for me on mac laptop (MacOS Mojave) using Endnote X9. You sharing this saved me much time… I really appreciate it!

I have done exactly as it is described, but now it says that the library is not syncing properly. How can I fix this?

I did all of this but when I then synced the web library to a new desktop library, all of the references (except the first one) had their endnote reference number changed from the original desktop library.  I tried to solve this another way by trying to upload the library (as txt) directly to the empty on-line library and I get a “time-out” error. 

After trying the reset, I was able to solve it by creating a new library, then File/Import my previous database (as type “Endnote Library”). Then, I synced it with my (empty) online account. I let it sit for a while, since it takes time to upload all the PDF files. But it worked, and the local and online accounts are identical, they have a new library name, and I am able to share the library now with other people.