05-07-2016 07:10 AM
Sorry to spam. No I tried to sync on my laptop, because the whole point was having my library synced on TWO devices...well, all it did was deleting all my references there. I made a copy ...all my groups are ***edit***ed up now, but ok. References are still there. So what I have now, are 3 copies of the library, how do I merge them back now??
I cant get them online, I tried several times, it keeps deleting everything as I deleted everything in my online account.
I just reinstalled endnote on my computer but the wrong folder location where it should NOT sync to, is still there?? what the hell?
05-07-2016 07:43 PM
I recommend you wait until monday and call Tech support, since you are not seeing what I see, when I tried the below (albeit quite a while ago now). Since syncing works two-way, you can't delete things in one space and not expect to see them deleted in the other. resetting the location of the desktop location is a registry setting.
you might try listening to this.
05-07-2016 07:43 PM - edited 05-07-2016 07:44 PM
Actually the suffix is kept now by endnote as part of my stable emailadress.
then you need to repeat again without the suffix
09-09-2016 05:11 AM
Ok, so it is two months later, might I be so bold as to ask if there is any solution for mac users yet?
Following the "#!ResetLocalSync" addition to the email address, the sync still only throws a 2 second "Authorizing" message and does nothing else. Endnote on Windows does complete the process allright, but then again, I never had problems with assynchrone local library on my windows systems in first place.
mac OS X 10.11.6, , endnote X7.7 (Build 11722)
09-09-2016 06:13 PM
Sorry. I don't know. I don't use a Mac. I recommend that everyone contact Tech support and not the forum for issues relating to syncing.
10-27-2016 07:39 PM
- Make a backup of your EndNote library (or just copy the My EndNote Library.Data and My EndNote Library.enl) files somewhere else so you can use it to restore your library later.
- Open EndNote>Preferences>Sync and turn off automatic sync
- Quit EndNote
- Go to Users/[username]/Library/Preferences and find com.ThomsonResearchSoft.EndNote.plist
- Open the file in any text editor and scan through the mess for the "wrong" directory of your libary, replace it with the correct path, save the file, exit editor.
- Open Endnote>Preferences>Sync and turn on automatic sync, and use your account credentials
- Close Preferences, then go to Tools>Sync
- EndNote will now try to sync with the online account, you might lose a lot of references in this step, don't panic.
- After EndNote finishes it's long sync (retrieving references, sending updates bla bla), go to File>Open library and browse to the My EndNote Library.enl library that you saved at the first step.
- When it opens, select all the references, right click>copy references to and this time select your original library.
- After everyhting is copied, you might need to get rid of duplicates and sync the libary (maybe automatically) again.
11-05-2016 08:13 AM
I went to 'go to folder' and typed in 'Users/[username]/Library/Preferences' (I obviously changed 'username' to my name) but it returned saying there is no such folder.
This is such a pain, all I need to do it change the path for my library so it will sync.
What can I do?
02-20-2017 08:41 PM
Plase help me.
I was sorting my ref. list for my thesis and stupedily i have deleted the ref. from endnote web.
I can see only empty groups and all ref. in trash.
On the desktop, i cannot see any ref..
I have all the refrences attaches to the theis chapters at the moment( word document) but need sorting first and I am scared to touch it as might get lost as well.
Can you help please????
02-21-2017 10:20 AM
So they are still there in the "trash" folder in one of the two libraries? -- If online, in trash, go to trash, and select all and use the drop down "add to group" option to move them (I select to a new group). -- that will at least recover them, and they should then sync to your desktop again.