12-03-2013 08:59 PM
I have EndNote X7.02 (Build 7390) and recently added my library to EndNote Web. However, it wasn't synching, so I deleted everything from the online library, thinking I could just bulk-reload it all over again.
I have since figured out, reading here, that I needed to enable synching within the desktop app (which I thought I had done, but apparently not). Now, when the synch happens, almost everything in my desktop library gets deleted.
Fortunately I have a backup of the desktop library so nothing is permanently lost. However, is there a way to reset my account so I can rebuild the online library?
Thanks - Daniel
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-04-2013 06:40 PM
Please follow the instructions below to reset sync.
1. Disable automatic syncing in EndNote preferences, and restart EndNote.
2. Delete all references and all groups from EndNote Web, with the exception of Shared Groups and ResearcherID Groups.
3. Empty the Trash both in the web application AND in EndNote desktop.
4. In EndNote desktop, add this to the end of your E-Mail Address in the Sync preferences: #!resetLocalSync
Note that this is case sensitive -- #!resetLocalSync NOT #!resetlocalsync. For example, if the email address was firstname.lastname@example.org, you would change this to email@example.com#!resetLocalSync
5. Click Sync.
6. EndNote will then appear to authenticate and return the prompt: “A Sync library can be linked to only one account. Do not proceed unless you intend to break the link to the original account.” This happens because we tricked EndNote into thinking it authenticated against another user. Click OK, and EndNote will purge any knowledge of a previous sync.
7. EndNote will then display a message, “Your local sync state has been reset. Please re-enter your E-Mail Address, restart EndNote, and Sync again.”
8. Restart EndNote.
9. Open the Sync Preferences, enter the correct username/password in and setup the automatic sync settings. Continuing with the example used above, re-enter firstname.lastname@example.org as your email address in the Preferences.
10. When you next click Sync, you will once more get “A Sync library can be linked to only one account. Do not proceed unless you intend to break the link to the original account.” Click OK.
11. You will be prompted to make a backup, which is recommended.
12. A complete sync will then begin.
I hope this helps you out!
11-07-2014 11:43 PM
I have tried this fix, using Mac OS 10.10 ("Yosemite") and Endnote X7 (Bld 9970) but it does not seem to work. I don't see the prompts your instructions show. The program says it is "Authorizing" but does nothing else. No errors, but no sync either.
Thanks in advance.
02-10-2015 10:14 AM
I followed the instructions up to step 4.
5. is click Sync - Is this 'enable Sync'? When I click on this it appears to authorise, clears the additional text after my email address but doesn't bring up the prompt about only being able to sync to one library. So it doesn't work and I am left with the wrong library in the 'Sync this Endnote library' field.
What is the solution?
We have only just moved to X7.2 and I expect a lot of our users will want to use the share library facillity. Undoubtedly at some point they will want to sync and share a different library. It is ridiculous that there seems to be no easy way to do this.
08-18-2015 05:04 PM
I agree that it is ridiculous that there is no easy way to change synced libraries!
I basically had the same thing happen to me as first in thread, in trying to reset synced library I instead deleted most of my desktop library. Forced to go back to last backup only costs me a couple hours of work, but unbelievable to me that it is supposed to work this way.
So I can only sync to a single library? Have to essentially reset the endnote online system to change libraries? This seriously limits the functionality of online library (I would say online libraries, but that is pural and apparently not allowed).
04-28-2016 09:34 AM - edited 07-24-2017 11:37 AM
and step one should be make a backup of your desktop library! (THESE MAYBE OLD INSTRUCTIONS AND NO LONGER WORK THIS WAY, July 2017)
see here for slightly more detailed instructions (near bottom of page)
(copying info from U Toledo's web page here)
EndNote Online Problems
Problem: I cannot enter a library in EndNote X7's preferences for the purpose of sharing with a group.
Fix: Syncing between your EndNote Desktop and EndNote Online needs to be reset. Make a backup copy of your library before proceeding with the reset process. You may see the following Knowledge Base article for instructions:http://endnote.com/kb/82295.
Next, delete all the references and groups from your EndNote online account. See the below links for instructions:
Now do the following: