Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Visitor

Re: A way to recreate my EndNote Web library?

Hello, Tom

I followed your steps one by one. But the 7th step turned out to be "Unable to link to new account, reopen the database and try again."

I tried to find some answers to fix this problem on the support website, google and this forum, but it failed.

Then I ignored this problem, and folloed the following steps, but the 10th step turned out to be "This library is not syncing properly. contact support at http:\\endnote.com\support for help resolving this issue."

What should i do to fix it?

I am waiting for your help.

Thank you in advance!

System: WIN10 14393

Endnote X8.0.1 (Bld 10444)

Mentor

I recommend you call Tech Support, as it will be faster than hoping they see this post. 

www.endnote.com/support 

(long time Endnote user)
Visitor

OK, Thank you!

New User

I use Endnote 7 on Mac and I recently experienced the problem that people on this thread have had after shifting the location of my Endnote library. I write this in the off chance that it will help someone else, and in case I ever have to do this again - it having consumed a good few hours of my life.

I followed Leanne's long post (message #9). However, I experienced what a number of users did in that after completing the relevant step there would be no prompt. I then came across message #9 by t0m7 in a thread entitled "Not syncing with endnote web". This user stated the following:  

- go to preferences - sync

- clear the email and password fields

- save

- click on the sync button

- enter your email and password in the pop up

Basically, at the various points in Leanne's instructions that you have to go into the sync preferences - the first time to add #!resetLocalSync to the end of your email address, and the second time to revert the email address - do it as per t0m7's post. This is what worked for me.

New User

Yes, thank you Painoguy! These instructions (from 07-23-2017) worked for me on mac laptop (MacOS Mojave) using Endnote X9. You sharing this saved me much time... I really appreciate it!