!!ADDIN EN.REFLIST at beg of biblio - Word 2003

Everything else in my word doc is perfect except right at the beginning of the biblio, on the same line as the first ref the text     !!ADDIN EN.REFLIST appear followed directly by the 1st author.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

I would be very grateful, thanks

Not sure - I can’t quite picture what you are seeing (attaching a screenshot might help?).  I would unformat the document (unformat references) and see if there something there?  If not try saving the unformated version, closing everything and then reopen and reformat.  If you want CWYW on after this procedure, you will have to turn it on again from the format bibliography menu. 

You may have inadvertantly (accidentally hit Alt+F9?) turned on show “field codes” in Word, but then the whole document should look weird.  Go to tools, options, on the view tab, and make sure that the “Field codes” box is unchecked. 

Thanks for your reply…I have tried unformatting and reformatting - no change 

No field codes show and the box is not checked…this is what I see…

ADDIN EN.REFLIST Fairclough, N. (1992). Discourse and social change. Cambridge: Polity.

Fairclough, N. (1995a). Critical discourse analysis : the critical study of language. Harlow: Longman.

Fairclough, N. (1995b). Media discourse. London: Edward Arnold.

Richardson, J. E. (2007). Analysing Newspapers: An approach from Critical Discourse Analysis. Basingstoke: Palgrave  Macmillan.

Could you try reformating with a different style, to see if style related?

Additional thing to try, after unformatting, delete any remaining reference list.  Then try reformating. 

Message Edited by Leanne on 09-14-2008 01:48 PM

• In Word click on the Tools menu, and then Options.
  • Make sure you are looking at the View tab.
  • Un-check box next to Field Codes
  • If you have a PC, you can also hold the Alt key down and press the F9 to toggle field codes on/off.
  • Viola! Your field codes will have disappeared and your citation will be shown as it will print.
1 Like