Alphabet buttons to find references more quickly

I’ve spent the last few months editing  books for publication (EN X9.3.3, Word for Mac 2016  16.37). The libraries I use each have 2-3000 references, and my chapters each have several hundred citations. So I spend a lot of time scrolling through the Library (and often overshooting so I have to go back). How about an optional set of alphabet buttons in the My Library panel, like the ones in ‘Contacts’ on a mobile phone. Press the letter you want and it takes you to the first reference whose author beginning with that letter. Would narrow down the scrolling and save time.

Even easier,  if you are in the library display and start typing a name, it will jump right there.  

Does anyone know if leanne’s answer is still up do date? I used the function she describes frequently in an earlier release of Endnote desktop. In the current version I am using (Endnote 20.5. for Mac OS) it is not available?! At least not as a default - maybe I need to adjust some preference? Any hint would be much appreciated!