Sitemap | EndNote
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Helper
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

An extra space is appearing prefixed to some entries of my Bibliography output.

[ Edited ]

An extra space is appearing prefixed to some entries of my Bibliography output. See screenshots.

Is there a way to fix this? It is not particular to the current documen. tx

Using Endnote latest for MacOS 11.3.

Mentor
0 Kudos

Re: An extra space is appearing prefixed to some entries of my Bibliography output.

The two images look the same to me, and I am not sure what extra space you are referring to?  You mean the fact there are hanging indents?  

(long time Endnote user)
Helper
0 Kudos

Re: An extra space is appearing prefixed to some entries of my Bibliography output.

There is an extra space before some of the letters and before some of the extended dashes.

Helper
0 Kudos

You can see this if you look at the shading before eg Shahar

Mentor
0 Kudos

I see it now. 

Does it happen with a different output style?  If yes, it is in the record itself.

If not, 

Does this always occur with one ref type (like journal) and not others in this output style?

If so, a space may have been introduced into the output style bibliography template for that ref type.  

(long time Endnote user)
Helper
0 Kudos

Yup, that was it. How silly of me. Thanks. I must have added the space by mistake at some point.

Highlighted
Helper
0 Kudos

A separate question, since you are on the forum a lot. Do you have any experience with Zotero? I've used EN for ages, have it all customized, probably more than I need to. But my grads all use Zotero, and seem to like it.