Appearance of Endnote X2 -- Do people like the new look?

I’ve been using X2 for several weeks now.  I thought I would get used to the new ‘look’ of Endnote (the GUI), but I find that it continues to irk me a bit.  It seems too simplistic, and I feel like I should have more control, more buttons up top there.  Finally, I find the buttons themselves to be confusing.  Why don’t I instinctively know what they mean just by looking at them (ie., without thinking)?  I think I liked the old look better.

Is it just me?

J

I like the fact that the format bibliography button no longer looks the same as the word list button.  I was forever getting the two of them mixed up.  I haven’t tried, can you change the Endnote toolbar in Word? I tried taking away the remove formating button, because I hate that one, but it didn’t “stick” even though word asked if I wanted to save the .dot file.  I

I too don’t think the buttons themselves are very intuitive, but at least they are different from those used for other purposes in other software.  For example, I like the fact that the format bibliography button no longer looks the same as the word list button.  I was forever getting the two of them mixed up.  I haven’t tried, can you change the Endnote toolbar in Word? I tried taking away the remove formating button, because I hate that one, but it didn’t “stick” even though word asked if I wanted to save the .dot file. 

Message Edited by Leanne on 09-19-2008 12:21 PM