CWYW error message in Word

Hi - I use Word 2017 for Mac on high sierra and recently I get an error message every time I open Word - ‘Word was unable to load an add’in. Your add-in isn’t compatible with this version of Word…EndNote CWYW Word 2016.bundle’

I always used endnote X7 and never had this problem (and never used the add-in either). Under ‘customise’ in Endnote the box for CWYW is unchecked. How to remove it? Thanks!

Please see this article:

https://support.clarivate.com/Endnote/s/article/EndNote-Word-2016-Mac-version-16-Compatibility

Thank you, Jason - I do have Word v16; however, I don’t want to keep my Word version stuck at 15.xx indefinitely as I have no need for the CWYW functionality in Word - I use Endnote X7 and Word separately, with no add-ins. Is there no way of simply uninstalling/removing the add-in? 

Yes, you can remove the Cite While You Write component.

1. Quit Word.
  2. In EndNote, click the EndNote menu and select the Customizer.
  3. Uncheck the Cite While You Write component and click Next through the screens.

When this process is done, the tools will be removed from Word.

Alternatively, you can go to the folder “[Hard Drive Name] : Library : Application Support : Microsoft : Office365 : User Content : Startup : Word” and delete the “EndNote CWYW Word 2016.bundle” file.