CWYW plugin stops working after MS Word update (released today)

The link to downgrade to Word 15.xx does the trick. thank you Simon

When do you anticipate a fix for this issue?  Days or weeks?  How will I know there is a fix?

Sorry for all the questions, I’m just working on an important document using Endnote.

Thank you!

Yes, would like to know the ETA for the new CWYW plugin. Hopefully it’s a matter of days, and not weeks.

I also have this problem! Please can you let me know. I can’t be without Endnote.

You can still continue to use your EndNote software. If you need to immediately use the Cite While You Write tools with Word 2016, you can simply downgrade your Word installation as outlined here:

https://support.clarivate.com/Endnote/s/article/EndNote-Word-2016-Mac-version-16-Compatibility

When you start EndNote X8, it automatically checks for updates. When our update to address the Word 2016 16.9 update release is available, you will receive notification in the software. You can also manually check for updates by clicking the EndNote menu and selecting Check for Updates.

I just tried accessing the link, but it requires a login/register to Salesforce.  However, that link does not work. 

Hello

Thanks for your support. I’m also currently dealing with this issue. Are you planing on releasing a working update for endnote X7 as well?

Thanks.

this is fine for X8 users. But what about x7 users. You did not answer to previous questions about endnote x7. when do you wanna finx the bug for the x7 users?? 

btw: the link does not work…

I am also having this issue. I downgraded Office to the last version, but now my Outlook with not function because the databases are not complatible. This is really frustrating. 

The link to the beta is behind a SalesForce login that is not publicly availble. PLEASE either push the update or share a link to the beta that is actually availble.

The link provided is locked behind a SalesForce login. Please either publicly share the fix or push the update. Downgrading Office works, but is not a viable solution because the update Outlook database files are incompatible. So either I can downgrade and use the old version of Word with a working Endnote and not be able to use Outlook (primary email) or update and not use Endnote.

This happened last year as well with an Office 365 update and it took months to fix. Please address it promptly this time! 

Hi, 

I am also writing my PhD-thesis with EN X7 & Word 2016 (mac).

I want to echo what others have already highlighted:

It is important that there will also be a patch for the tens od thousands of people, who still use EndnoteX7 with Word2016 (mac) 16.xx.

Please make this happen asap!

All the best, 

T.

The link got damaged during the editing process. It has now been fixed:

https://support.clarivate.com/Endnote/s/article/EndNote-Word-2016-Mac-version-16-Compatibility

Downgrading to Word 15.xx also works by simply replacing the 16.xx Word.app in Applications folder with the old 15.xx version from TimeMachine o another backup. This also allows to use Outlook 16.xx alongside.

Please answer the question about EndNote 7. Will it also be updated with a Word 16.xx compatible plugin?

Word 15.xx can also be simply re-installed by replacing Word.app 16.xx in the Application folder with an old Word.app 15.xx file from TimeMachine or another backup. Outlook.app 16.xx can then be used alongside.

Please answer whether EndNote 7 will also be upgraded with a plugin compatible with Word.app 16.xx. 

Guys, 

I just heard from technical support:

THERE WILL BE NO PATCH FOR ENDNOTE X7 TO MAKE IT COMPATIBLE WITH MS WORD 16.XX (MAC).

You can either downgrade Word or upgrade to EN X8, I got a discount…

Best, M.

For those of us at Instutitions where our Word versions are managed we cannot “simply downgrade to Word 15.x.x”

What is the estimated release date for the fix? 

Yes, I am having the same problem with EndNote x7. If I upgrade to Endnote x8, does that resolve the issue with Word 16.9?

Yes, I am having the same issues with EndNote x7 after the latest Word update. Will CWYW workd with Word 16.9 work if I upgrade to EndNote x8?

Linda

I am currently experiencing the same problem and dont think that downgrading windows is an ideal soluation. Have you managed to sort this and if yes how? THanks for any help. 

I have downgraded and it works.