Capture Reference login issue

Me too :-/

Try a different browser. Current issues with Chrome. Experienced the same issue, switched to Microsoft Edge and that appeared to work OK.

Same issue for me on Chrome

Also having the same problem.  I can’t login to the Capture Tool.  I get referred back to the Login Page.  Strangely if I am on the MyEndNote page it works fine but why would I want to import a my Endnote page! very dissapointing.   

1 Like

I am having the same problem.  I get referred back to the Login Page when I enter a corrent eMail and Passowrd.  I can only get this to work when I am in MyEndNote Web.  That means I can reimport references which is pretty pointless but I can’t Import new references.  Very disspointing.  

1 Like

I am having the same problem. The same log-in pop-up window shows up when I try to capture a new reference. I know I am using the correct ID and PW since I keep the logged-in Endnote Online page in a different tab of the same browser. I tried both Chrome and Edge on Windows 10 but neither worked. 

1 Like

Not working at all:

• the capture reference button on any brower - just does nothing

• the chrome extension - just does nothing

So annoying.

Neither the capture button (on any brower) or chrome extension are working at all. So annoying.

Because this issuse still exists preventing the capture of references from Pubmed, I suggest the following:

Instead of seaching pubmed for the paper and using capture reference, search the exact title of the paper from the endnote online website and save it to your library directly.

1. Login to the myendnoteweb website and go to the ‘Collect’ tab

2. Under online search, click “select favourites” and scroll down and select pubmed. It will now be in the dropdown list above the “connect” button, making selecting it much quicker in the future.

3. Paste the exact title into one of the four search boxes and hit search.

4. Select the target paper from the list by clicking the box next to it, and adding it to one of your reference groups from the drop down menu just above the search results.

5. Done! now you can search for this reference in the microsoft word addon and insert it into your document.

P.S. an additonal benefit is that all the details will be correctly saved, instead of just the author initials as with the new pubmed reference capture bug.

1 Like

Because this issuse still exists preventing the capture of references from Pubmed, I suggest the following:

Instead of seaching pubmed for the paper and using capture reference, search the exact title of the paper from the endnote online website and save it to your library directly.

1. Login to the myendnoteweb website and go to the ‘Collect’ tab

2. Under online search, click “select favourites” and scroll down and select pubmed. It will now be in the dropdown list above the “connect” button, making selecting it much quicker in the future.

3. Paste the exact title into one of the four search boxes and hit search.

4. Select the target paper from the list by clicking the box next to it, and adding it to one of your reference groups from the drop down menu just above the search results.

5. Done! now you can search for this reference in the microsoft word addon and insert it into your document.

P.S. an additonal benefit is that all the details will be correctly saved, instead of just the author initials as with the new pubmed reference capture bug.

please i am having the same issue any time i tried to use the capture reference on the any webpage after putting my username and password, the page loads and return me to the logging page again to insert username and pasword. I have also tried to use capture reference on both google chrom and microsoft edge and both gives the same error. Does this have to deal with my profile? i even tried on my school system and it is the same error. kindly assist if you can.

Anyone heard if this has been fixed?

Anyone found a fix for this problem?

Hello to anyone who happens to still have this issue. What worked for me was disabling my pop up / adblocker. I think that it was blocking the plugin from communicating with endnote online. 

Cheers

Same problem, pop up blocker didn’t do anything and it also doesn’t work on Microsoft Edge. Anyone have the solution?? 

Anyone found a fix for this?? Still happening to me and pop up blocker and different browser didn’t work. 

Capture Reference is not the official extension for EndNote. EndNote doesn’t operate it. 

The officlal extension for EndNote is EndNote Click

Capture Reference is not the official extension for EndNote. The person who made Capture Reference does not work for EndNote. 

The officlal extension for EndNote is EndNote Click

Have been able to resolve this issue.
Turns out it’s caused by browser “cross-site tracking” settings.
For Safari it’s Privacy → untick “Prevent corss-site tracking”.
For Chrome it’s Privacy → Cookies → untick “Send Do Not Track”.
Reference:

Thanks for your suggestion - I’m in chrome and sadly this did not fix the password issue for me :frowning: