'Class not registered' Error in Endnote 20 Microsoft word plug-ins

I have been trying to use Endnote 20 Microsoft word plug-ins on my windows 10 and an error keeps popping saying the class is not registered. Any idea how to deal with this? I found some old articles about this, and I have followed the steps but with no success. I still can’t use endnote on my Microsoft word. 

I am also experiencing the same problem with windows 10, I have uninstalled and re insntalled the program but I am still getting the error message. 

I received the same error message and had to change my preferences from Endnote to Endnote Web on my home computer as I don’t have the desktop version at home.  

Go to PREFERENCES and then click on the Application tab.  Then change to Endnote Online and see if that works. 

Mary

I am using endnote web, windows 10, office 16

I instaled the CWYW and I also keep getting the “class not registered” have tried all the suggested solution and nothing help.

I installed the CWYW and I also keep getting the “class not registered” have tried all the suggested solution and nothing helped.

I instaled the CWYW and I also keep getting the “class not registered” have tried all the suggested solution and nothing help.

Thank a lot Mary
Your solution Solved my issue
Tal

Thank you!!! U helped a lot!!!

thanks a lot, it did work like magic

Hi Mary,

Just wondering how yours worked very well. I have tried this but still can’t access my endnote library nor online references.  Is there something I can do?

Please try to change the Endnote tab in Word to EndNote online then back to EndNote 20. To do so, select the ‘EndNote’ plugin in Word. Select ‘Preferences’ then select the ‘Application’ tab. Switch the ‘Application’ field to EndNote online then click OK. Then repeat the same and switch it to ‘EndNote’.

Try to change the Endnote tab in Word to EndNote online then back to EndNote 20. To do so, select the ‘EndNote’ plugin in Word. Select ‘Preferences’ then select the ‘Application’ tab. Switch the ‘Application’ field to EndNote online then click OK. Then repeat the same and switch it to ‘EndNote’.

@halam wrote:

I have been trying to use Endnote 20 Microsoft word plug-ins on my windows 10 and an error keeps popping saying the class is not registered. Any idea how to deal with this? I found some old articles about this, and I have followed the steps but with no success. I still can’t use endnote on my Microsoft word. 

Try to change the Endnote tab in Word to EndNote online then back to EndNote 20. To do so, select the ‘EndNote’ plugin in Word. Select ‘Preferences’ then select the ‘Application’ tab. Switch the ‘Application’ field to EndNote online then click OK. Then repeat the same and switch it to ‘EndNote’.

@halam wrote: