Complaint: directory-names for attachments created by Endnote generates paths that are too long

My source path and my target path are absolutely identical ! I’ve just moved the whole Endnote database to a different partition on the same internal hard disk due to limited space. The new path is exactly the same, as the old one, just on another internal drive - Y:\ instead of X:\. So there is absolutely no difference in path-length, because it is identical. I don’t understand, why Endnote creates path lengths that are too long to be copied by the native operation system’s own copy function. And I don’t understand how does it work, that a path can be created by Endnote but not be copied ? Is there no way to make Microsoft Windows XP move the whole path as it is ? And to top it all off: My backup-Software (Acronis) is not able to restore the backup-files in the Endnote generated PDF-directory. To backup the hard disk doesn’t give security for Endnote stored attachments. Backup solutions are preempted by Endnote ! I’ve moved my Literature.data, to a different drive, got corrupted file names, cannot get the backup-files from the backup software - so I guess it es lost. I think Endnote should realize there is a problem !