EN 8 issues

@nmadani wrote:

Is it possible to turn off sync?  answer: Yes (I assume so, the option should be in preferences as it is in X7)

How do library sharing and collaboration functions work? Does they allow others to alter your library?  answer: Yes  – the other sharing option, is to share a group from endnote online which does not share the attachments and does not allow them to change the contents. (uses Endnote online and share options are under “Manage my groups” (groups you have shared)  or “other groups” (groups shared by others with you). 

Are we talking about a library on the cloud that allows multiple user access with full multi-user capabilities (i.e. record locking, etc.)? Answer:  Don’t think so. I believe we should have those options.  sharing with editing vs read-only options.  That is why I continue to share my library thru our institution’s network folders with read only access, occassionally sharing a group with others outside the institute.   

I really would not want anyone changing my libraries in any way. If there would be additions, I woud want to  review and add/categorize them myself. You can review the changes, but not undo them as far as I can tell from the What’s new video.  

There is a paucity of information and the above are concerns why I will not even download the free trial!  You were obviously brave to buy! I haven’t  – more info here and video here.

A sign of the times we live in: automation “Trumps” common sense :wink: