Sitemap | EndNote
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
New User
1 Kudo

EN20 Disaster

Who thought it would be a good idea to make EN20 really difficult to use?

Where is the toolbar? One step actions have become 3 steps.

I can't find anything.... where is the switchover icon that allowed online or online and local searches?

I have had a week of wasting time on EN20 instead of finishing my paper....

I am going back to X9 and if EN20 stays this way it is a dealbreaker.

Everyone is moving to simplified instructions via icons.... Is EN going backwards?

Frustrated, annoyed and confounded......

Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

Re: EN20 Disaster

Dear ProfBenoliel,

According to your post message, I think it is better for you  to work with ENX9 in order to finish your paper.

EN 20 has a new "OUTFIT" and another icons . I am writing a review about EN20 for Alfasoft/Clarivate and I find that EN20 is not an untamable "animal". If you have another PC , you can install EN20 and , with a lot of time, try to "TAME" it.

I tested (as reviewer) EN versions since EndNote 1 to 20 (see Leanne/Trensofty answers) This new outfit is worthwhile to be tamed . You must spend a lot of time for this purpose. Several bugs of the ENX9 version were fixed.

I am testing EN20 on Linux PC  MX  with Wine 6.0 /Windows10  and with a PC with Windows 10 Pro both with 64 Bit and SSD (12GB RAM Linux and 8,0 GB Windows.

Good luck

TRENSOFTY

User
0 Kudos

I hope you'll mention in your review

- an unaddressed, long standing (3 months!) EN20 bug (find reference update -> update all crashes the program) 

- a discussed regression (pdf file can only be opened in a separate window and not in a frame of the main window).

You can find more in the forum...

Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Fcota,

thank you for your answer and comment and wish.

Please tell me what a kind of PC  (32 bit or 64 Bit)  and EN20 version (win or mac) are you using.

Are you using Word 2016 or 365 or Libre Office or Open Office? If you use Libre Office and  Word,

see my post message Endnote and Libre. EN 20 works ONLY with Libre Office 7.0 32 Bit.

- please send  a picture about your bug (fine ref. update ...)

- Concerning the new EN 20 pdf layout modification, please read my new post message in due course.

TRENSOFTY

Endnote User since Version EN Plus 1.2

User
0 Kudos

I'm using EN20 win 64 bit version.

I described the bug here:

https:// community.endnote.com/t5/EndNote-General/Find-reference-update-doesn-t-update-the-fields-endnote-20/td-p/155416

There are more similar complaints in the forum... my original post was october 30, 2020.

The problem is still there.

I'll read your new post message about layout modification.