EndNote 20 display font settings

In EndNote 20 the Edit/Font/Size/Style settings are grayed out.  Is there a setting I need to get first to activate those choices?

Also, is there a way to compress the display of the different references?

I can answer the second question as I have already opened a ticket on the the question of being able to compress the white space to be able to see more references in a single screen view. Support told me that this “feature” could not be cchanged, but that I could post a suggestion in the user suggestion forum which I have done. They seem very proud of their new User Interface which is very unusable compared to EndNote X9 which I will go back to as soon as I get a couple of papers finished.

In general there seems to be very few ways to affect anything in the user interface.  You cannot change screen colors, you cannot customize icons or add back useful shortcut icons that were in X9 but removed in EndNote 20.  In general I see EnfNote 20 as a step down.

1 Like

I’m just going to go back to X9 then until they can fix this.  Too bad I already spent the money for the “upgrade”!

1 Like

I agree, the Endnote 20 display theme is severe to the point of distraction, unpleasant to look at and frankly worth going back to x9.

I agree this is a huge step down in workplace interface - the unalterable severe theme is harsh to thepoint of distraction. Almost black-and-white, I get out of the program asap these days, it’s just depressing to look at.

Hello, I have the same problem.

In EndNote 20 the Edit/Font/Size/Style settings are grayed out.  Is there a setting I need to get first to activate those choices?

Also, is there a way to compress the display of the different references so they are not spaced so far apart?