EndNote 7.7 and MacOS Sierra

Hi @nmadani

@nmadani wrote:

EndNote X7.7 build 11722 crashes on Mac OS X 10.12 (Build 16A323) (macOS Sierra) during PDF import. I have submitted at least 2 crash reports.

That is a known issue we have, but one that was raised before Sierra released. The team is looking into a solution. The behavior is not consistent, and may have something to do with DOIs in the PDF having a line break in them. Not related to Sierra though.  

And @theflyerford

@theflyerford wrote:

I can conclude that Endnote CWYW plug in is not compatible with OS Sierra and thus I would urge anyone considering upgrading to wait until X8 is released

There are no known issues with X7.7, Cite While You Write and macOS Sierra at this time.

Please get in touch with our Support teamto explain the behavior and see if they can shed some light on the issues you are experiencing. There may be another contributing factor that the team can help you root out and solve for.

Sierra related issues with X7.7 at this time remain as initially reported with the PDF thumbnails missing from viewer and text selection of annotations misaligned from mouse cursor.  

Thank you,

Meredith M.