EndNote X4: Installation ended prematurely... on Win 7 64

I had EndNote X4 installed successfully on Win 7-64.  Unfortunately, I installed the 4.01 Update patch because I use Word 2007 32-bit.  I’ve had nothing but trouble since. 

I’ve completely removed all CWYW add-ins and .dlls from Word 2007 and removed all EndNote anything.

Now when I try to re-install EndNote X4, the installation almost gets to the end of copying the files and throws an error:

“Installation ended prematurely because of an error.” and then rolls back the install.

I don’t have a Restore Point or backup that includes EndNote 4 when it installed correctly.  I have tried a Registry cleaner and about a dozen other fixes without success.

*Finally*  after trying hundreds of things to fix this problem, I found a fix for the same error on a different software product:

Create another account with Administrator privileges.  Log into that account.  Install the software.  It worked like a champ.  I can only image that my original account 's Registry permissions had changed somehow too complex to try to fix with setacl or other cryptic Windows 7 utilities. 

Right now I’m trying to copy the user profile from my original account to my new account on Win 7x64.  You have to use Windows Enabler “on” to be able to copy anything other than the default profile, but even if it doeesn’t work, worse case I’ll have to set the wallpaper and desktop icons up again.  Bugger, bugger, bugger. 

IMHO EndNote Tech Support should have suggested this simple fix instead of “disable your antivirus.” 

I have Endnote x3 in a Win 2003/XP Domain environment. I got the “installation ended prematurely” fatal error. I finally got end note installed by using the original local admin account that was used to install the installation of Windows. No Domain admin accounts worked and no other local admin accounts worked. I had a version of end note that created a log when it failed to install and in the log, it stated there there were no admin privileges when clearly I was logged in as an admin account that I use to install other software. This would also explain wht the problem is in all versions of Endnote

I have Endnote x3 in a Win 2003/XP Domain environment. I got the “installation ended prematurely” fatal error. I finally got end note installed by using the original local admin account that was used to install the installation of Windows. No Domain admin accounts worked and no other local admin accounts worked. I had a version of end note that created a log when it failed to install and in the log, it stated there there were no admin privileges when clearly I was logged in as an admin account that I use to install other software. This would also explain wht the problem is in all versions of Endnot