EndNote X5 Highlights

I would very much like to know what changes and/or improvements have been made as a result of the many suggestions and reports of problems posted on this forum with regard to navigation and editing. What, besides handling of PDF documents (should this be useful to a given user), is a serious enticement to upgrade because it fixes problems that have angered users for months and slowed down their work? What problems have been fixed? I am sure that users would so much appreciate going through a detailed list of such modification.

By way of conclusion, I can only urge Thomson Reuters to revise its video of new features as soon as possible to eliminate all those silly animation effects, especially the spinning ellipse in the opening and closing segments, which is likely to make a very bad impression on visitors. EndNote users are clearly not the audience for such animation effects that may appeal to teenagers but not to academics, who surely account for a very significant proportion of the software’s users. There is no need to take the software “for a spin” in such a realistic way, as the narrator says near the end… It is generally agreed among Web designers that animations can become very tiring and should be used very sparingly (if at all).