EndNote X7 compatibility with Office 2016 16.9

Will you release an update for EndNote X7 that works with Word 2016 (16.9) like for EndNote X8? We’ve got A LOT of users that uses EndNote X7. Not updating EndNote X7 would be outrageous.

I second that emotion! I’m two weeks short of a publisher’s deadline on a book, so time is a factor. 

Not updating X7 is simply bad customer care. I’ve been contemplating switching to Mendeley for a while. I’m definitely switching now if X7 is no longer supported.

I have same problem - checked EndNote X7 to ensure there was no warning given about compatibily issues with latest Word update for Mac only to find that the EndNote Add in is no longer there after updating.  Just finishing writing up PhD thesis and desperate for this to be resolved asap!

David

Hello

I agree with all the users. I’ve also got endnote X7 and I’m currently writing my PhD thesis. I desperately need a solution for this issue. 

Thanks for the ongoing support.

Almost finished my PhD thesis and now Endnote X7.7.1 is incomptabile with Word 16.9. Critical to have a patch to fix this ASAP. Please fix Thomson Reuters!

Almost finished my PhD thesis and now Endnote X7.7.1 is incomptabile with Word 16.9.

Critical to have a patch released to fix this ASAP.

Please fix this Thomson Reuters!

PLEASE PLEASE fix this … thank you.  Or at least let us know asap if you have decided not to.

I am pretty sure they will not be updating the 5+ year old software product (developed anyway by TR and not Clarivate Analytics).  – you can time it right, and use X8 as a trial for a month I guess.  

If one syncs with Endnote basic, do the Endnote online CWYW tools work with Word16.xx on the Mac?  

I had the same problem! The only fix I could find was to downgrade word to the previous version and resume writing from there. Just go to applications and move word into the trash, then redownload the previous version 

It is outrageous.  I spoke with a customer service agent and was told that an update for X7 will NOT be available ever.  However, current X7 users can upgrade for $50.  You might have to call the customer service to get the discount.  Another workaround is to downgrade your word to 15.xx (i.e. 15.4); the 16.xx will not work with endnote x7.

It is outrageous.  I spoke with a customer service agent and was told that an update for X7 will NOT be available ever.  However, current X7 users can upgrade for $50.  You might have to call the customer service to get the discount.  Another workaround is to downgrade your word to 15.xx (i.e. 15.4); the 16.xx will not work with endnote x7.

I totally agree. I am at the thesis stage of my Ph.D. Even word 16.10.0 is not compatible with Endnote X7.7.1. For now, I am not updating word 2016 beyond version 15.4 but word keeps bugging me to update whenever I open it. Please release an update of Endnote X7.7.1.