Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
New User

Re: EndNote X8.2 build 13302 fails to import references

Sorry

but I keep having either one of two problems with X8.2, either a nice failure to retrieve sequences after a Pubmed search or an even nicer silence (not even a message). I have put settings to default or changed them as suggested below but nothing really works. After twenty unfruitful searches, I may be able to get one time in which the search works....

If endnote were free, this would be acceptable.

New User

Re: EndNote X8.2 build 13302 fails to import references and other problems with filters and styles

Having same issues. Frustrated now. A pubmed search would give 20, 40 or 60 results and then show error. i have tried what you suggested. running x8.2 13302 on macos 10.14.1. thanks 

Contributor

Re: EndNote X8.2 build 13302 fails to import references and other problems with filters and styles

Try this:

Edit > Connection files > edit "pubmed (NLM)

Under connection settings, untick "batch download", and try again.

This does not mean that you will not see the message again, but it is much less (instead of 40 -60 refs, you should get around 400).

No evidence, but a feeling that the connection is timing out for the batch download. Might seem silly, but it appears to work for me (at home and at the Uni).

Cheers

Steve

Highlighted
Contributor

Forgot to say that you have to restart EndNote.

Also some further testing: Mac on wired and wireless will have this issue, Windows wired or wireless does not. Note that for the wireless testing, the hardware was the same (bootcamp).\

Cheers

Steve