EndNote X8 Keeps Crashing on Mac

Same problem as everyone else on two mac’s   Endnote 8.01  and OS 10.12.6 

Rebuild, reinstalled   no effect …    frequent  forced quits     my DB has 21,000 refs and about 10,000 PDFs

Based on ahbell’s  suggestion,  i made a new directory outside of  DOCUMENTS …  HD/USER/TCOATES/ENDNOTE_DB

Put the database there  and things seemed to be fine …  for a few hours …  then, my computer asked me to update my ONEDRIVE softwre  and i did this … and immediatley,  EN became unstable and produced the beachball.  

So,  i stopped ONEDRIVE completely…     and blocked it from loading on login.   figured i could turn it back on when i want to use or sync it.

I have been running on two different machines with no difficulty for 48 hours now .   I will post another update in a few days one way or the other.

I do not use ONEDRIVE  (prefer DROPBOX) …  so i realize this is not a great solution.  However,  it probably localizes the problem to an interaction between ONEDRIVE and EN.     and may help get some thesis writers on track.

As an aside.  I see tremendous frustration on the posts here. I understand.  I am totally dependant on EN and have been using it for at least 10 to 15 years … switched from refmanager in the 90’s i think. (same company, switched becasue everuyone else was using EN)   I have been struck by the excellence of the support by EN.  They have helped me quickly and effectivley every time i have called them over the years.   I could not do my DB rebuild a couple of weeks ago and they offerend to do it for me , for example.  and kept following up til the rebuild problme was resolved…   I am sure they are not perfect,  butl, in my opinion, they have the best support of any software company i know.   I am guessing they are very upset and frustrated by this as well.