EndNote X8 - Syncing Issues (attachments)

Hey all! I joined just so I could ask this, as I can’t seem to find an answer…

I am using Endnote X8 on my laptop. I have ~ 900 references, many with PDF attachments. 

I am trying to sync this (and all the attachments) to my iPad Air 2 to take when I travel. 

The problem: My library is syncing -  but my attachments are not.

I have my articles in a different folder than my EndNote library folder (I save all my articles to my desktop in their own folder for my research, organized and sorted into different categories, then attach the pdfs in EndNote) -  is this my problem? Do I need to move all my PDFs to the EndNote Library PDF folder? :C 

If so, is there a way to reassociate the articles quickly through EndNote? Or do I have to re-do it one at a time…

Thanks!! This is frustrating…

Also, here is a copy of the sync status (if it helps). It says “attachments 5” but I have  way more than that in my actual library. 

Sync Details
Sync was last run: Monday, April 02, 2018 at 17:08:22 PM -0700
Sync Status: All changes have been sent.
Error Code: None
Error Message: None

Local Sync Library
Library Name: ****** EndNote.enl
References: 922
Groups: 40
Group Sets: 5
Attachments: 1003

Online Sync Library
Username: **********
Serial Number: 3151819822 (Premium until February 20, 2019)
References: 922
Groups: 40
Group Sets: 5
Attachments: 5 (115.15 MB)

Sync Limits
Number of References: 1000000 (999078 can still be added)
Number of Groups: 5000 (4960 can still be added)
Number of Group Sets: 5000 (4995 can still be added)
Attachment Storage: Unlimited

We have this information on our website:

Please note that the EndNote Sync feature can transfer files that are attached as Relative Path. Files that are attached as Absolute Path will not be synced to EndNote online. To check what type of path has been used, open a reference that contains a linked file in the File Attachments field. Hold your mouse pointer over the file icon. If the file was linked with an absolute link, EndNote will display a tooltip with the full path and filename of the linked file. If the file was linked with a relative path, only the filename will appear, as a copy of the file is stored in the library’s DATA\PDF folder.

If the links are absolute, you would need to convert them to relative links and then sync. Please do the following:

1. Before you begin, back up your EndNote library. See:
    https://support.clarivate.com/Endnote/s/article/EndNote-Moving-backing-up-or-transferring-libraries-to-another-computer?r=68&ui-comm-runtime-components-aura-components-siteforce-qb.Quarterback.validateRoute=1&ui-communities-components-aura-components-forceCommunity-controller.ForceCommunityFeed.getModel=1&ui-communities-components-aura-components-forceCommunity-controller.Headline.getInitData=1&ui-force-components-controllers-recordGlobalValueProvider.RecordGvp.getRecord=1&ui-self-service-components-controller.ArticleTopicList.getTopics=1&ui-self-service-components-controller.ArticleView.getArticleHeaderDetail=1

2. In the Library window, highlight the references you wish to modify.

3. From the References menu, select File Attachments > Convert to Relative Links.

4. Then go to Tools > Sync

or

https://support.clarivate.com/Endnote/s/article/EndNote-X6-Sync-feature-failed-to-transfer-attachments-that-are-attached-as-absolute-links?language=en_US

Let us know if you have any questions or if this does not resolve the issue.

Please contact Technical Support directly
1-800-336-4474 option 4 then 1 or
https://support.clarivate.com/Endnote/s/technicalsupport?language=en_US

Hi, if you sync a library with absolute links, will the local paths be stored in the attachment fields? (So that links will work if you have copies of the attached files stored on all computers with an identical local path?) Or will the field simply be empty?