EndNote X8 add-in not showing in Word 2016

I’m creating a new thread because the other one was becoming really crowded (28 pages) and had a mix of issues for various versions of EndNote.

I installed EndNote X8 on my Mac, ran the customizer, the add-in ended up in /Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Office365/User Content.localized/Startup.localized/Word/EndNote CWYW Word 2016.bundle as expected and was updated to X8, yet the toolbar is not showing up in Word at all on my Mac.

I followed all the instructions in:

http://endnote.com/kb/141156

(resetting the Startup folder, etc.) but it didn’t help.

It used to work with X7 though.

Now… I’m using the Wird 2016 Insider builds (15.30, 161215) so that could be part of the issue :-\

Any firther suggestion?

Corentin

1 Like

I am having the same issue.  Was fine in with previous version but most recent word update seems to have broken this.  Interestingly, CWYW from endnote itself still works, just can’t add references or go to endnote from within a word document

1 Like

It looks like the latest Insider build has issues with all add-ins (Word, Excel, PPT, etc).

Hopefully, Microsoft will correct the issue in a future insider build…

Corentin

1 Like

But I would never depend on an add-in program like Endnote to necessarily be compatible with insider builds?  Hitting a moving target is not good business practice.  

1 Like

Of course… And I have Word 2011 on my Mac just for situations like this one.

That being said, I still think it’s important to report such issues…Insider builds eventually become regular builds after all.

Corentin

1 Like

agree.  I also don’t update all of my machines at the same time in case something does break.  Still, an issue that needs to be fixed.

B

1 Like

It appears that today’s update fixed the issue!  

B:smileyvery-happy:

1 Like

Indeed. It’s all working again for me too :slight_smile:

Corentin

1 Like

I have the same issue… ENdnote 8.2 is not showing up in word professional plus 2016. Please help.