Sitemap | EndNote
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Visitor

Re: EndNote X9.3.1 running very slow on macOS Catalina

Well, it appears to run very smoothly for a few minutes, but then I begin to get the spinning beach ball.  Only shutting down and reopening EndNote appears to fix this, but I have to do it every 10 minutes or so.

Highlighted
User

Yes, this is exactly the problem that I have.

Come on Clarivate. Time to fix this thing.

Highlighted
Helper

My experience too. I haven't found a solution that holds up longer than a short session, then quitting Endnote, and restarting it: repeat. I wondered if it was my machine, but it is fully loaded (MacBook Pro 2016, 16 GB RAM, 1TB storage). 

The problem is with EndNote, as others are attesting.

PS: Don't follow the advice of their help staff, who will make you run through endless hoops that do not avail, like relocating your library, rebuilding it, etc.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Ok...I'm at my whits end.  Been workign on my dissertation again for the past week after taking a medical break.  I don't know what happened to Endnote in the time I was gone, but I'm about ready to throw my computer out the window.  Literally every 5 minutes while I'm typing in Word I get the beachball.  Anything I do in Endnote itself is beachball beach ball beachball.  Add a reference beachball.  Open the reference, beachball.  Add the PDF, beachball.  I swear I've lost at least an hour if not more of work this past week just staring at a beachball because of Endnote.  I know it's not my machine.  What can I do to get this working or is it really time to invest in changing away?  

I'm on

macOS 10.15.2  

MacBook Pro 2017; 2.8 GHz Core i7; 16 GB Ram  

Endnote X9.3.2

Word 16.32

Highlighted
Enthusiast

I'm guessing no one else is having that many issues on catalina?